In order to stay trendy, we have to keep up with the pace of the world – and that is particularly important if we talk about web development. There are lots of articles online dealing with web development trends 2016, and that is definitely a lot of information! So we decided just to collect some brief and interesting tips and see what will make your website top-notch in 2016.
1) As we all know, the major concern of web developers in 2015 was to make the websites extremely user-friendly. That led to the wide expansion of common UI patterns all over the Internet! And it may seem now that most of the good websites look quite similar, or at least have something in common. Among the popular features, there are (and will be):
- Minimized intuitive structure;
- Limited number of colors;
- Long scroll (we owe this feature to the great popularity of mobile-friendly websites);
- Card layout – it proved to be very practical and vivid;
- Material design instead of flat design. Last year this trend has been introduced by Google. It involves shadow effects, concepts of movement and depth, and this adds realistic feel.
- Abundant use of animation (pop-ups, hover tools, background videos). Be careful, however, not to abuse them – they may distract your user and have the adverse effect.
- Responsive design – that goes without saying because of the wide use of mobile phones and tablets.
2) Here we come to another assumption – in modern business world, it is better to stand out from the crowd, otherwise you will simply get lost among the others. A lot of sources state that, in order to preserve the unique feel, the websites will use the following:
- Custom illustrations and hand-drawn artworks,
- Unique way of using the grid. Many researchers name this particular feature prevailing in 2016;
- Interesting storytelling for representing the company;
- Micro-interactions in the form of simple activities keeping the visitor involved;
- Cinemagraphs: unlike popular GIF animation, cinemagraph allows only minor elements move, which gives an exquisite, high quality feel to the image.
Would you like to share your opinion on what is going to be popular in 2016 in the sphere of web design? Please leave your comment in the comments section!