Nowadays building nice-looking and modern websites has become a trend in each industry. In this article, though, we do not want to get stuck in the endless list of reasons why it is so extremely important for all businesses. Today we would like to focus upon one particular area – dentistry.
Let’s begin with the solid facts. According to the data provided by the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, 92% of adults aged 20 to 64 have had problems with their teeth. Isn’t that an impressive number? In addition, a dental issue is not something one can turn a blind eye to because it causes too much discomfort. So what is the solution? Right – to find a good dentist.
A choice of the right specialist to take care of your health has always been a sensitive matter. Here we do not talk about simple customer-supplier relationship, although it takes place as well. But the main point here is TRUST. How can a dentist win it?
1) Favorable first impression. This is where your dental website serves best (or worst, depending on how it looks ☺). What you need here is:
- good SEO (search engine optimization) It will help your potential customers find you immediately on Google, Bing, Yahoo, Dogpile, DuckDuckGo, Ask – whatever they use.
- modern-looking interface. Please do not underestimate it! Let it be love at first sight – the better you look, the more chances you have to get what you need!
2) Convenient website structure. Your potential patients are busy people, and they do not want to spend too much time pottering around the endless number of pages and subcategories while looking for one particular service, price or other info. They would rather close the tab with a clumsy webpage and look for something different! We do not want that, right? What you need here is:
- limited number of categories;
- easy search for the needed info on the website.
3) An easy way to request an appointment. Let’s assume your client has already found your dental office on the web, selected a service he needs and would like to come for treatment. To that end, your website has to include:
- calendar with days and time available for visit;
- an application form where the client chooses the time he would like to come, and enters the basic info about his case;
- a “click-to-call” button saving your client’s time – he no longer needs even to dial your number!
4) Mobile-friendly layout. It’s no secret that the number of people using mobile devices for most of their business or personal needs has increased tremendously over the last few years. You can learn more about it here. As we can conclude, your website has to be responsive - and the client will be able to make an appointment in a few clicks using his tablet or phone while having his lunch, sitting on a bench in the park or taking a break from work. Isn’t that super convenient?
5) Interesting and useful content. Content is one of the key website elements, because:
- firstly, it provides the best possible description of your company, professional characteristics, dental experience, etc. Your website should contain all the info the clients need to make a decision to entrust their health to you;
- secondly, it is an important marketing tool. It would be just perfect if your website content is original – this factor influences search engine optimization to the great extent. To put it simply, the unique text which cannot be found anywhere else online sufficiently increases your chances to be found in the global network;
- thirdly, your custom website is a great place to share your experience with the world! What about a blog where you can post some useful tips on how to take care of your teeth and mouth, explain the cases when it is necessary to visit a dentist, etc.? I bet you would like to have one! A good blog will definitely enhance your professional credibility among the clients.
6) A convenient way for the customers to leave their reviews. Your thankful clients will help you attract the new ones! According to various sources, 70% of all the people using the Internet tend to trust the information found online. Almost half of those interviewed would go to a doctor that has more positive reviews. Such an important decision as choosing a good dentist requires a complex approach – so people will make sure that your customers’ opinions are favorable before scheduling a visit. The options here may be various: people can post their comments right on your website, or the reviews can be redirected from some other resources (Google, Healthgrades, Yelp, etc.)
We hope this information will be useful for you once you decide to focus upon your dental website development or redesign. In modern Internet-obsessed world, the quality of your representation on the web contributes to your overall success more than you can even imagine!